Volunteer With Us
I’m looking for like minded volunteers and Trustees passionate about all things mental health and wellbeing! (I also need business plan/finance expertise, fundraising enthusiasts and ‘tea & cake’ making artists)
Volunteer Funding Bid Writer
Details of Role:
We are a new Social Enterprise and we are still in the development stage, meaning this role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who enjoys helping a small organisation grow and improve. This could either be a short-term role minimum 6 months in which the volunteer writes one single bid that we then adapt to the person it is sent to, or a longer-term role in which the Bid Writer follows up leads and keeps track of funding acquired, and in time the role will become a permanent paid job position.
We are seeking to appoint a volunteer to assist with applications to grant-making trusts and foundations. We are hoping to find somebody who shares our passion for mental health and wellbeing, and who would be able to spare some time in researching trusts and writing bid applications to funders. Previous experience in fundraising is necessary, and you have to be an excellent written communicator who can clearly and concisely present ideas and put forward a compelling case for support.
This is a home-based role and the hours are flexible to suit you and your commitments. Access to the internet and a telephone is essential for this role.
Skills and Experience Required
- Able to communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel, Word skills and time management
- Analytic mind and team player
- Experience of successful bid writing
- Able to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Approachable, friendly and professional
- Organised and self-motivated
- Passionate about the work we do
Volunteer Social Media Co-Ordinator
We are looking for a Social Media Co-ordinator to be responsible for the management of RMHM Rural Mental Health Matters social media platforms and the development of their social media network. Please note this is a voluntary role
As a Social Media Officer, you will:
- Keep RMHM's social media channels updated – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Plan and schedule social media content and posts
- Research, create and upload relevant contents e.g. graphics, videos, photos, audio, albums
- Identify key influencers and organisations to interact with on social media
- Reply to comments and messages
- Encourage others to comment on posts and share them with others
- Attending some of RMHM's events with a view to reporting on them
- Liaise with staff and other volunteers to ensure consistency in messaging
This role would suit someone who has some experience of social media and a keen interest in social networking. The ability to write clearly, accurately and succinctly and the enthusiasm to grow RMHM's online presence would also be an advantage. You will gain experience of managing a social media community and the opportunity to find out more about how a Social Enterprise such as RMHM operates.
This role is flexible and you can give as much time as you are able to.
Volunteer Ad Hoc Legal & Governance Advisor
RMHM is a new Social Enterprise, and we are looking for an experienced Legal Advisor to help us devise and advise on our legal and governance framework and review our policy documents in areas such as safeguarding, privacy and GDPR.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting new organisation. There will be plenty of opportunities to shape and grow the role as well as gain skills in other areas.
What's in it for the you as a volunteer? You will play a key and important role in RMHM, learn new skills and be part of a friendly team who are passionate about improving access to mental health services in rural and remote areas, breaking down stigma, and helping to reduce inequalities facing rural people experiencing mental health issues.
Hours are flexible and will be mostly home-based.
Would you like to use your skills in admin and broaden your experience while making a difference? RMHM is a new Social Enterprise, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and organised administrator to provide much needed admin support. Tasks include:
- Receiving and sorting mail (post, general enquiries/emails)
- Some photocopying and doing mail shots
- Organise and maintain RMHM's paper and electronic filing systems in an effective way so that information can be found with ease.
- Keep records up to date
- Monitor organisational deadlines
- Maintain and update RMHM's contacts list
- Other related tasks, such as producing reports and doing mailings.
Hours: Initially the role would be approximately 8 - 12 hours a week, ideally over 2 - 3 days. This can be a combination of office and home based.
RMHM is a new Social Enterprise. We are looking for an experienced Volunteer Co-ordinator. Your role will be to help us recruit, place, manage and retain volunteers. You will work with the manager, or other staff where needed, to:
- identify needs in the organisation
- develop volunteer role
- write role descriptions for advertising.
You will take a central role in the recruitment and interview process of prospective volunteers. Keep in contact with volunteers to provide support and make sure that they are on track to complete their tasks, and that they are happy with their volunteer experience. This contact will be maintained through email, phone and face to face meetings, always working within existing boundaries, policies and procedures.
As the main point of contact with new volunteers you’ll make sure that the needs of the organisation complement the needs and skills of the volunteer.
This is a great opportunity to get up-to-date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and to network with key people within the voluntary sector. In time this role will become a permanent paid job position.
Hours: To be able to do this essential volunteering role effectively and to gain full benefit from the experience you should be able to spend at least 6 hours, ideally over two days each week. This can be based in our office or a combination of office and home based.
As a new Social Enterprise, RMHM is looking for a Treasurer. Are a retired accountant looking for a new challenge? Newly qualified looking to gain your first workplace experience? Are you a University or College student studying finance or accountancy? This is a great opportunity to use your financial experience and become our Treasurer.
Main duties will be:
- Oversee the financial affairs of RMHM and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
As Treasurer you will maintain the financial records of our Social Enterprise, monitor and record income and expenditure, and produce monthly reports and the annual report for our AGM.
Hours: This role will involve about 1-2 hours a week and additional hours to accommodate meetings on a monthly basis. RMHM aim to meet once a month either at a fellow trustee/board member’s house or at a central location initially in North Dorset. As Treasurer you will play an important role in the meetings. Above all we’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic, well organised and with good numeracy skills.
If you are interested in finding out more, or would like to get involved please contact me via email or Twitter: